Monday, February 21, 2011

Cats are more affectionate than we know!

Hi Bloggers,
Today I was with my cat Rameses and I noticed something that a lot of people don't realise about cats. He is very affectionate. He has always been that way. Last night I went to my uncle's place. He has three dogs, and one of them was brought inside. As a sign of affection, this dog was licking my hands (let me remind everyone, that I hate syliva). Rameses behaviour isn't that differnet from a dog's. I wonder why people think that cats aren't affectionate. I think cats are very affectionate and very lovable - I'm not much of a dog fan.

4 comments:

  1. Our Burmese Pharaoh is definitely affectionate. He twists and twirls around all our legs all day, he purrs 'till he salivates and presses his paws in against us, just like a kitten does his mum. What I love most is the way he purrs so loudly, it’s more like a half purr half meow thing he’s got going. Very smart, communicative and very regal indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I mean mum! I don't see the difference with dogs and cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm finally discovering your blog and I'm hooked. I'm the crazy old cat lady so why wouldn't I be? :)

    Cats get a bad rap sometimes, but all of mine and there are MANY, are totally affectionate. Kittenhead sleeps with me every night and licks my cheek until she goes to sleep snuggled against my face. Tango won't let me pee by myself, he has to jump up in my lap and put both paws on my face and rub his scent glands against my chin. Juliet licks any bare skin she can find and BooBoo isn't happy unless she's in my lap. I've got more, Skunk, Oreo, Kameko, Leeloo, Optikitten and Deceptikitten, Hissy, Mia, Muffin, KJ, Eddie, the list goes on and on much to my hubby's chagrin, but they're most all little lovey muffins! If you ask me, it doesn't get any better than a house full of furballs!

    BUT - Spay and Neuter those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna,
    Thank you for following my blog and I'm happy that you're hooked to it. Your cats sound amazing and precious - I have a cat of my own. His name is Rameses and he acts like a Pharaoh. Again, thank you for following this blogspot. You're always welcome to come and comment.

    ReplyDelete